<body> <body>

Monday, August 3, 2009 @3:02 AM

Sunlight trickled through the poorly drawn curtains, illuminating a darkness that pervaded my recent days. My head throbbed angrily, as I struggled to open my eyes. An unfamiliar bed. I panicked, where am I? Momentarily, I felt very vulnerable, exposed, broken. I squeezed my eyes shut attempting to shut out these thoughts. Fighting the pain, I gingerly lifted the soft brown sheets, not daring to look for a while. The soft brown fabric caressed my skin, creating the illusion of nudity in my head as I peeked beneath it, hurriedly shutting my eyes again, letting my mind process my own skimpily dressed body illuminated only by dispersed brown light. At that moment, I never felt so relieved to find myself still dressed, albeit in a total mess. Then it dawned on me - I was safe. The pain returned in waves again, as I let my heavy head rest on an overstuffed pillow. If there was any danger or threat to my being, it would have occurred when I was dead to the whole wide world, therefore I must be in a safe place with a kind person. Logical leaps, but how else would you expect a silly silly girl to think. My eyes smarted from smudged make up and body ached. Memories of a debauched evening gradually slipped into the realm of consciousness. I stretched like a cat, tears welling up in my eyes as a worsening migraine dominated my thoughts. I sat up, surveying this strange new place, attempting to discern a clue as to how I ended up here. The only familiar sight was a dawning Sky, shining through all shadows in Her brightest most glorious brilliance.

Posted by Sky
Hourglass Moments

Sky
Avon
Dreaming Writing Believing

Hoping

.link. link.

Whispers


Memories

March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
October 2009
January 2010
February 2010


Thoughts