Sunday, July 26, 2009 @3:08 AM
My sense of place and time oscillates between the past and the present. Images upon images of memories and dreams soar by like clouds drifting in a seagull's ocean flight. Lightweight, I am carefree, boundless as I soar through the hinterlands of my imagination, free momentarily from the weight of being. But as quickly as I find the sun, dead and heavy burdens drag my soul earth bound as find myself whole again, giddy, tired, stumbling as I am led from place to place. I remember the sounds, loud at first but gently easing into oblivion, my vision revealing only mistaken glimpses of your face and fate teases a dizzy harlot. What have I done. It didn't matter, as soon as the heaviness overcomes me, clear blue skies surround me again and renewed, I am free. Picture books, felted journals fall by and their pages play out as my life seems to flash by me, colours of iridescent green filled my head like foam of an open ocean, and scenes like illustrations of a pretty picture book overwhelm my senses. Fire filled the sky as screams and shouts from beyond dismissed the warmth of unrequited sunshine. I found myself whole again, feet weighted, being destroyed, weak and in your arms. I open my mouth to speak, perhaps words of gratitude but silence escaped from my still jaws. You steadied me in a cacophony of voice, shouting that hurt my ears as we stumbled across what seemed an eternity. But your voice, it isn't you. Who are you? I willed myself to stay a little longer, trying to make sense of this flow of reality, gentle arms granting me temporary strength, elderly lady upset presumably at me, and a dark open door beckoning as I am guided into the gulf. Where am I, are you the beautiful stranger? The darkness was comforting, unjudging, as I feel myself eased upon a soft pleasant smelling beds. An overstuffed pillow awaited my heavy head as I imagined kind fingers parting my disheveled hair from my face. I could have sworn it was you, but I wasn't sure. Gradually the darkness became sunshine again, blue skies and cotton clouds, a place where I truly do belong.
Posted by Sky