Saturday, June 6, 2009 @11:33 PM
I am free, free for a moment. For what it's worth no one would miss me, not even you. It has always been my overactive ability to narrativise that have oversentimentalised something that was not even there. With arms outspread I let my tears fall. Why? Why has it come to this? Almost emphatically, sister sky replied with her own tears like my own - first a drizzle, then a storm. The wind no longer carrassed my being, but like the winds of fate buffeting and ravishing, casting my hair wildly as I stood firmly above the city scape. Did you ever love me? The rain fell. Cold icy and unfeeling, gripping my heart like a frozen vice as the only path was forward, forward to nothingness, to heaven, to hell, to anywhere but here. Amidst the cold wind and rain, I closed my eyes again, summoning the courage I needed to stand at the brink where life and death kissed. My hearing became keener as each drop became like a heartbeat, nature thumping in rhythm to mine. The wind became like the harpy's song, where in legends beckoned heartbroken sailors to their watery doom. But what was this? Footsteps, familiar footsteps splashed gently in a stacatto. Is this another memory? Was the past collapsing into the present? I heard my name. "Sky". I turned around.
Posted by Sky