Wednesday, June 24, 2009 @10:18 AM
So I smiled to myself as I stepped into the elevator. The doors were almost shutting when this girl, wearing a sky blue pajamas (who the hell walks around in them anyway) came crashing at the door. I hit the "open" button and gave her a stare. She bowed her head, muttered an apology and stood with her back to me. Rainwater dripped off her clothes and hair and made a puddle on the floor.
I chuckled mentally as the puddle got bigger. I wonder what this kid's been up to. Probably had a fight with the boyfriend in the rain or something. Anyway, the lift went down. The doors opened but she stood staring at her soaked toes.
I moved ahead, then turned around and said, "Bye." She seemed startled, then she exited the lift, muttered a good bye that was barely audible, and stood at the landing as if thinking what to do next.
The cat came over, that plump calico void deck pet, and circled her. It tried to rub her legs but decided that it didn't like water on its snowy fur. So it sat and stared incredulously at her. She bent down to pet it. The cat gave a catfrown, as her hand dampened its glorious fur.
Girls should keep a pet. They remind them why grooming is so important.
Posted by Anonymous