<body> <body>

Friday, May 8, 2009 @9:55 AM

Sometimes you want to erase all trails of yourself from the people around you. You want to hide where they can't reach. You want to go where they didn't know you did. You want to create secrets to keep from them, so that you own the significance they hold and in doing so, shuts them out from your inner world.

I have this habit of just going about doing my things my way. But unlike the stereotype of going about doing your own things being synonymous with doing things in a fixed manner, I seem to find new strange things to do all the time.

Take one simple event - going to the loo. Simple enough isn't it? You go in, take a piss, flush and wash your hands, then get out.

What I do is not only go to the loo at my workplace, but also suss out nearby loos which I might like better than my company loos. So if, say I have a date with buddies after work and I need to freshen up a little, I would head for those loos instead of the ones at my workplace. I refuse to associate the workplace loos with my personal life!

Also, a recent snoop around the nice loos led to my discovery of a stairwell with olden days architecture. No one seems to use the stairwell, there's been a plastic bag there for weeks and I doubt the cleaner even bothered to check if the place needed cleaning. I would love to hole up in the stairwell someday when I get a really bad day. Hideyholes may be for boys, but we all need space and sometimes you gotta look where no one bothers.

Posted by Anonymous
Hourglass Moments

Sky
Avon
Dreaming Writing Believing

Hoping

.link. link.

Whispers


Memories

March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
October 2009
January 2010
February 2010


Thoughts