How long has it been? How long was it when tears fell like the rain, flooding our universes when you left? I always remember. You never left me. Haunting me, holding me back from ever finding love again. I dreamt of you today. I was sitting in a lecture bored half to death by Derridean deconstruction. You barged in and took my hands and I found myself running as you led me along. We ran, the world slipped by us, colours, people, places, we never stopped. When we finally did, she was there. She pointed us out and you let me fall. When I woke, I found that it was still dark. Beyond my window, the stars which watched our journey by candlelight remain like sentinels, watching our separate souls wander in circles as I struggle to reach you. I try to believe that elsewhere you woke too, reaching out to feel the remnants of our imagined connection. I sat there holding my own hands, the same hands that held yours just moments ago. You clearly never left, my heart never really left either. The dreams tell me so. All signs point towards a serial melancholic. Its evident really. The books I read, the music I listen too, those letters in my drawer, those promises, I always remember, and I doubt I will ever forget.
Eventually I did find you, and when you finally said "Hallo", time folded. Here I am where I have begun, loving you like it was only yesterday. The palimpsest of love seemingly lost became merely a mark where love once was, your presence fills it again with life, an artificial life, an irrational hope for an impossible tomorrow. The Sky is grey today, her countenance clouded in deep contemplation as a maelstrom of lightning and confusion threatens rain upon the cold barren earth.