Saturday, April 11, 2009 @9:30 AM
I hate you, I hate all of you. I wish the sky would open up and consume you awful lot in a barrage of crimson hellfire. I hate the whites and the blues. Just because I paint myself in such a light, does not mean there will be no cloudy day. Why do you all aim to torment me so? Am I something so convenient to spit upon just because I dont fight back? "Sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me." The author forgot the clause "physically". Each day I step into this place of politics, I truly wonder how I can excuse myself from participating in it. I just want to learn! I just want to write. I just want to be happy. And I just want to choose for myself who I want to give my heart too. Must I always join in everyone's shared guilt of being a bitchy gossip? If one less person agreed with the popular opinion, would it really matter? Do I really want to be part of a destructive force that threatens to tear about fragile love when it isnt even any part of anyone's business? So, then why do people go George W Bush on me and dangle these horrid lines in my face. "If you're not with us, you'r against us". Who is this us anyway? This imagination of some twisted self centred mind? Lay off the third person collective self referencing, its annoying the hell out of me. I dont usually voice my opinions but my silence does not spell consent, it does not spell people close reading me like some crappy assigned reading. I feel so violated! I am me, not this strong cheery person I tend to make myself out to be. I am not immune to politics, and I shall not pretend to be anymore. I am human, and I can be angry too, but why push me to such a state? Does it make you happy that I just no longer join you all for lunch? Does it make you all so morbidly fascinated when I break down in abject crying for no apparent reason? THE REASON IS YOU, ALL OF YOU. What's this thing about me being hopeless and pathethic? What business is this for any of you? I dont care about this girl power feminazi bullshit, I am in love. Love to me is not a mere social construct, not some critical concept that can be essentialised into convenient philosophical frameworks or theory. It simply is, it escapes definition, it's simply magical. Dont judge me with your flawed understanding of the subject matter, or attempt to analyse me from your flawed position of endless failed relationships. I am not all of you. I am Sky, and when I love, I will do whatever it is I see fit. Love is never simple or convenient. Love is not about the money, the car, the good looks. You people are so simple it makes me sick. I hope the sky rains her fury upon all of you.
Ok breathe in, breathe out. Tomorrow will be a better day, tomorrow I will find the energy again to play this silly silly game called politics.
Posted by Sky