Sunday, March 22, 2009 @8:44 AM
Here I am again, alone here on this familiar roof top, not completely alone, because you promise to be here with me always in spirit. The wind is cool today, a restful breeze that eases the toil of day away from weary sky. I sit here quietly in the dark, still momentarily amidst the gentle hum of vehicles traveling miles below me. A lone candle lights my vigil as it illuminates the pages of my contemplation. A quiet moment, an aching moment. I smile to ease away the frown and tears that would always come with it. This throbbing pain in my chest as I feel my own heart beating quickly as I take labored breathe. I never understood this feeling, this screaming emptiness that threatens to dissolve any calm my mind tries to bring. I pen to reach you, I write to reach you, hoping sincerely that someday these words would come again under your gaze and carry with them my voice. Do you miss me? I believe you do, I really do. I try to imagine you sharing with me the same longing I bear for you, this irrational irritability. This wanting to scream out to an indifferent city how much I do Love you and miss you. Alas the rain fell, metaphorical rain as Sky begins to shed vials of crystal tears that would fall and shatter unseen, unheard upon this dark quiet roof. I do truly miss you. Across the horizon, into the zenith, over the ocean, in another land. Over there the sky is bright. Where you are my other shines brightly for you as does you very own Sky so very far away. My heart flies out to you but finds herself mortal, unable to transcend the thickened time and space. For now, I have the hourglass, a testament that this time you are away from me is finite. When the sands in this cruel glass deplete, I know that you will be at my side again. You will be here to take me in your arms and wipe away these tears. You will, I need you to.
Posted by Sky