Friday, March 20, 2009 @10:46 PM
Your world is a mystery to me. Not because I am not able to understand it, but because I cannot enter it. You're so self-satisfied in your life, will you still be able to find space for me? I am nothing spectacular. I am not a rock star, I am not that star basketballer that every girl giggles over. I am not that carefree playboy whose megawatt grin can make you believe he is your prince charming. I am not the poet or artist whose windblown hair or paintbrush can melt your heart in an instant.
All I am is just me, Avon. I'm just Avon to you, to me, to everyone around me. There is nothing for you to be amazed or intrigued by. So I cannot enter your world just like this. There must be something that you see in those people you hang out with. There must be something you're not seeing in me.
There is something I see in you that draws me to you. Its the way you smile, the way your eyes sparkle when you smile. The way you're stunned speechless when I poke fun at you. The way you are sometimes awkward around people. Its how you marvel at your own unhappiness with the world, with yourself and with every other thing. And how you're not seeing the beautiful creature you are to me.
Why bother putting a name, a term, a theory and an explanation to everything that goes on? I can't be bothered. All I know is contained in that left rib cage. Things happen that you just know, because of what happens there. A thrill, a jump, a feeling. And its that feeling that tells us whom we are willing to accomodate no matter who she is, what she has done and why I shouldn't.
Sometimes I watch you from behind and wonder whether you feel like me. Maybe you think that you're nothing special and that it takes that one and only soulmate to understand and love you and give you eternity. Sometimes I want to hold you from the back, to protect you from your own insecurities and mine.
If you are only special in someone's eyes, let him be me.
Posted by Anonymous